Sunday, April 3, 2011

Quiet...

It's Sunday evening and house is positively peaceful. The dogs are sleeping, the girls are in their rooms, and Jared is on his way to Moses Lake for a week of Shearing School through WSU Extension. It has been over 6 years since Jared has been gone for more than an overnight so things feel a little off balance for the moment. I wonder if that's how he felt when I went to Thailand last year for an entire month? 

I'm so excited he has this opportunity, after waiting more than half ones life to follow a dream of being a shepherd I say it's about time. I hear he'll be shearing some heavy weight sheep, like 250 lb. Suffolks for about 5 days. I guess that means that shearing our sheep will be a breeze after that and boy do they need it. Except for Ithaqua, whose already been shorn, pretty much all the Icelandics have fleeces that are breaking all over the place. The other girls just need a shearing because it's Spring and they're probably a little weighted down. 

More on shearing school adventures to come...

Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment